Get Help

Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West does not provide medical, counselling or response services. If you are needing a service of this type, please contact emergency services.


1800 015 188

24-hour service providing confidential telephone and online information, counselling and support for people experiencing impacts of sexual assault or family violence.


Safe Steps: Family Violence Response Centre (

1800 737 732

24-hour support for women and children experiencing family violence risk including risk assessment, safety planning, referral and safe house accommodation.


1Men’s Referral Service (

1300 766 491 (8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday)

Support, referral and information for men who wish to take responsibility for their violent behaviour.
Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS)
The ‘Getting help’ page on NIFVS’ website provides an extensive list of family violence response services and contact details.

1800 My Options

1800 696 784 (10am to 4pm Monday to Friday)
Free and confidential Victorian statewide information and referral service.


Family Planning Victoria

1800 013 952

Includes information about unplanned pregnancy choices.
Clinics: Action Centre, Level 1, 94 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, or Ground floor, 901 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill.


Royal Women’s Hospital (the Women’s)

(03) 8345 3045 (Metropolitan callers)
1800 442 007 (Rural callers)
Includes information about sexual and reproductive health, female genital cutting, and unplanned pregnancy choices.


Melbourne Sexual Health Centre

1800 032 017

580 Swanston Street, Carlton (part of Alfred Health).


BreastScreen Victoria



Cancer Council

13 11 20

Cervical screening, formerly called pap test.

Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.